Sunday, December 12, 2010

PAUL

No, unfortunately that is not the name of a gorgeous Frenchman I met in Brussels, it is the name of a bakery Christy introduced me to. There was one right next to our hotel in Brussels, so we went three times in the span of two days! 


So, I arrived in Brussels on a Friday night to meet Christy. Wow, it was a big airport! I was so excited to see her. Skype is not enough. We needed some pillow talk and time to catch up. The first evening we had some delicious food. I had a huge vegetable omelet (Dad, of course, it was not as good as yours.)

The following day, we had a few places in mind to visit, but we just decided to wander, shop, and see what happened. We stopped at Paul to begin the day. We sat outside with our coffees and croissants enjoying the sunshine. I was happy it wasn’t as freezing as Copenhagen.

I loved Brussels. I was a little worried since a few people told me that it would be rainy, and they didn’t have a good time when they visited, but I enjoyed it. Christy and I achieved our goals of having Belgium waffles in Belgium. I also sampled the hot chocolate, and wow, it was good! As we were walking, we stumbled onto all the major sights in Brussels. I can’t tell you what all the landmarks we saw were, but they all looked important. I liked Brussels because it had the feel of a European city with winding streets and little shops, but it also had a big industrial section with skyscrapers.

We found a fantastic Christmas market. It just went on and on. We enjoyed a gourmet meal for dinner and had a relaxing evening. It's scary how fast time slips away. Everything seems too short. We had to saw goodbye in the morning. Luckily, a croissant from Paul was there to console me.


I couldn't get Christy to rent bikes with me!








Our new hats. Christy and I bought hats at the Christmas market. We both only wanted to pay 10 euros each for out hats, but mine was 15 euro. The lady let me get it for 10 euro. Christy said that the lady said in French that I looked sad. It seems that I have picked up some skills at bargaining from my time in Florence.

No comments:

Post a Comment